Music books & supplies
Music books, sheet music, and any supplementary materials will be recommended for each student according to level and music goals.
Be sure to bring ALL music books to every lesson, whether the book has an assignment in it or not.
Additional supplies needed:
- A pencil (NOT a pen) will be needed for theory writing homework and for note taking during lessons.
- A binder with plastic sheet protectors to keep any special music or music worksheets in one place.
- Removable tabs or flags can be helpful to mark pages that are being worked on.
Practice makes progress! Remember, the more you put into your music study, the more you get out of it. Regular and consistent practice is a crucial element to learning any musical instrument.
I recommend practicing at least 5 days per week. The amount of time per day depends on age and level. Here are some general suggested times.
- 5-7 years old: 15-25 minutes
- 8-10 years old: 25-35 minutes
- 11-14 years old: 35-45 minutes
- 15 and older: 45-60 minutes
Tuition & Payments
Lesson fees are due at the beginning of the month before the first lesson. Any books or supplies will need to be reimbursed when they are are given to the student.
Monthly tuition and any book payments are accepted by cash, check, or Venmo.
- 30-minute lesson: $40
- 45-minute lesson: $60
- 60-minute lesson: $80
Arrival to the studio
Timeliness is important since I have students scheduled throughout the day, often back to back.
- If you arrive more than 3-4 minutes before your scheduled lesson time, please wait outside quietly or in your vehicle before entering the studio space. This is out of respect for students finishing their lesson ahead of your time.
- If you arrive late for your scheduled lesson time, you will receive the remainder of the lesson and ending time will be same as the normal schedule.
- I will also do my best to be on time! If I do happen to run behind with a previous student, I will always make up the time missed.
Cancellations & missed lessons
All lesson cancellations require 24 hours notice, except in the case of emergencies or sudden illness. Makeup lessons or credits will not be given for missed lessons without advance notice.
If I ever need to cancel any lessons, I will try to give you as much advance notice as possible. We will try to reschedule a makeup lesson, or you will be credited for the missed lesson.
Students who are sick should NOT come to music lessons.
- If your child didn’t go to school the same day due to illness, then your child should not come to music lessons either.
- I reserve the right to send a student home if he/she is ill.
- If students are only mildly ill, contact me and we will do a FaceTime or Zoom lesson at the regular lesson time.
I understand that students may need to stop taking lessons at some point.
- I require 30 days’ written and paid notice prior to discontinuing lessons.
- To stop lessons, please email me by the 1st of the month to stop enrollment for the following month.